Wednesday, June 29, 2022

The long-term consequences of allowing COVID to spread among children

Many years ago I had a friend who died in his early twenties, falling out a window. An autopsy found that he had a previously undetected heart condition and had had a heart attack and fallen. I don't think the CT scan technology that would have shown the defect even existed at the time. In any event, he was a healthy young man and there was no reason to think he might have had a heart defect.

We know that among the possible long-term consequences of covid are lung damage, heart damage, and kidney damage. I wonder how many of those schoolchildren who are infected with covid are going to develop unforeseen lethal or severely disabling conditions in their twenties.

This is, of course, speculation. I think it very likely that many children will grow up and turn out to have long-term consequences of covid, but I don't know that it will actually happen. But neither do the leaders who are allowing the unchecked spread of covid among children.

2 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

The first people Hitler murdered were those suffering from Long Spanish Flu. Your questions are so on target - we do not know what will happen to these kids. Covid has changed the world well ahead of Climate Change

Raven Onthill said...

Blink. I didn't know that! Can you tell me the source?