Showed himself prepared and knowledgeable. In climate and energy, where I have specific personal knowledge, I found him to be well-informed. If there is mental decline, it is not obvious.
- Did not denounce white supremacism
- Gave a shout out to the Proud Boys “Stand back and stand by.”
- Refused to say he would accept an electoral loss.
- Flat-out lied about Hunter Biden (and many other things, but that was striking.)
- And all but said he would announce a vaccine in October, and none is close to ready.
- Also said he was going to make the lame duck hell.
Jim Wright (Stonekettle Station)
“This is how Trump treats America. Trump doesn't listen. Trump is a bully. Trump talks over the experts, the courts, congress, and every citizen. You're looking right at it. How he treats Biden is how he treats YOU.” – Jim Wright, Facebook
“If everyone had been announcing for months that I would be debating a severely brain-damaged honey badger, and came prepared for a debate against a statesman but had no idea what to do with badgers, yes—I deserve a 4/10.” – tweet
“From what I can tell, Trump locked down the wife beater and white supremacist vote tonight. Meanwhile, Biden won the vote of every frightened woman who has seen that look of rage in a man's eyes, everyone who has faced down a bully, & every decent person who cares about racism.” – tweet
Mark Hamill"That debate was the worst thing I've ever seen & I was in The Star Wars Holiday Special." – tweet
Famous old snark
“Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.”–Scott D. Weitzenhoffer