- Make COVID-19 tests widely available.
- Ramp up production of necessary medical supplies.
- Regulate the distribution of supplies. Especially, control profiteering.
- Put everyone in masks.
- Release as many low-level prisoners as possible and space out the remaining people in the prison population. It is much better to have these people out and social distancing, than having the prisons become centers of infection.
- Issue temporary visas to as many asylum applicants as possible. Drop ICE enforcement for all but the most egregious offenders. Same reason as for the prisoners.
- Start a crash program of workplace infection management. Assemble the necessary teams of industrial hygienists and work out rules and practices for the control of infection in workplaces.
- For working drivers, start a system of infection control and support.
- etc., etc. etc.
Saturday, September 19, 2020
COVID-19: Sensible Things
If we were at all unified, we could do these things: